View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #46
rpcard
rpcard began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
need help with controlling my internal memory

good day all...i need help controlling my internal memory. i have downloaded movies and music into the fire, and then remove it from folders when connected to my mac. unfortunately, when i check my device status...my internal memory is still the same even though the content is gone. it got so bad once that i called amazon regarding this and they told me to reboot to defaults and it shouldn't happen again. well, it sure did...and rebooted to defaults and downloaded content apps from my cloud space back on and lost all other content for the second time.

however, i tried something...i checked out flash drive i use for storage, and its space after sending files to trash from the flash drive folder....my surprise; an empty flash drive with only 19 mb remaining from of original 16 gb. how the heck do i remove 'residual' info from my fire and flash drive? this is obviously what's wrong with my fire...cause it's what happened with my flash drive. in essence, the fire is being used as a flash drive for media content.

please reply, new on this forum...but this is the second time this happens to me and i need to figure this out; perhaps there's an app i need to download on my mac and/or fire.
rpcard is offline   Reply With Quote