View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
NLight95
Connoisseur
NLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Kindle 3G + router?

I just purchased a Kindle 3G but now I'm in the process of returning it because there is very limited (or no) 3G access in my area, contrary to what Amazon's 3G coverage map indicates. I really liked the Kindle display and was even pleasantly surprised how "big" the 6" screen was. Before I return the Kindle I have some nagging questions:

Comment: Having Wikipedia access is quite important to me as I tend to use it a lot when reading books. I don't like having to sit at my desktop PC to read a book.

1. Can I buy a "3G" wireless router for my home internet connection (Earthlink cable modem) or is Kindle's 3G specifically made for AT&T? Or should I just return the Kindle 3G for the wi-fi version and buy a wi-fi router?

2. Any router recommendations for wi-fi? Something inexpensive and easy to install and most importantly, compatible.

3. Will the wireless router interfere with my current cable connection? Will I be forced to use a slower connection on my PC?
NLight95 is offline   Reply With Quote