View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Some of the ebook posters have not retained or otherwise lost their edit files from earlier posts and cannot easily make new versions of their prior ebook postings. I share Jon's view that if you feel you can make a better version (or we just haven't gotten around to making a version in that format) go for it. Dr. Drib has been engaged elsewhere and has not posted since early September so any of his books are fair game at the moment for conversion in another format.

Some posters will not post to an area such as IMP. This can be choice or due to the availability of tools on their platform. For example, HarryT has produced exceptional ebooks in the Mobipocket (PRC and MOBI) and Sony Reader (LRF) formats but not IMP. Some others have Apple Macs and their tools are limited.

The only area of conflict is where one person starts a series and someone else jumps in. This has happened in the past where the second poster even followed the original poster's numbering scheme. The best course is to PM the original poster and ask them what their intentions are. For example, if I saw some new Project Gutenberg files for works by Victor Appleton that I thought about posting, I would first PM HarryT and make him aware of them as he has posted everything available by Victor Appleton. It is only fair to them. If they decline to work on the new offerings or decide to omit a format from their postings then it is fair game.

Patricia and I have posted the same book in the same format before. It happens. There was no bad intent, just bad eyes -- for the sake of good order, she posted first and I did not see the book when I looked for prior postings.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote