View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
It's likely that Calibre's settings do not coincide with your wishes. Click "Preferences, "Sending books to devices" and check your Metadata management setting. If it's Automatic, then device metadata and collections will always conform to what is in Calibre, and extraneous collections will be deleted.

By default, Calibre creates collections from your tags. Perhaps you have no tags or the default setting has been changed. To view or edit your settings, click "Preferences", "Plugins", "Device interface plugins", "SONY...", "Customize plugin".

Calibre is highly customizable, and can be set to suit a nearly infinite array of preferences. My collection choices may not fit your needs, but I'll offer them as an example:

I use automatic metadata management and a custom column of comma separated text ("Preferences", "Add your own columns"). My column name is "Collections", so "#collections" is is used in the plugin setting. I also set "Preferences", "Tweaks", "Specify naming rules for SONY collections" to "sony_collection_renaming_rules = {}". In this way, I have manual control over my collections, and automatic updating changes made in my Calibre library. And only the collection's name is displayed on the device instead of the the default: "fieldname (columnname)".

Last edited by trekchick; 03-07-2011 at 09:44 AM.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote