View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
I realized I wrote this thread without answering my own question...

I've tried outline. I've tried flow. TPR was outlined in a 10 page outline. Looking back over it, it seems that I only hit on half of my outline. The rest must have been all Flow. I just discovered that I threw the main points of the outline to the wind at chapter 2! After that, I think it just served as a guideline.

My problem with Flow was that when I didn't have the writing bug, everything would just sit idle and forgotten by the time I felt like I should be working again... this has caused me enough grief to have a bookshelf of seven(!) titles started but never finished.
I'm with you there. You have catch the mood or you can be stuck completely and not have anywhere to go when you're using the Flow method. If I find myself in that spot I usually just word-associate and something new comes out of it. But sometimes, when nothing's coming at all, it's worse than hell.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote