View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #20
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
EDIT: Kobo firmware 3.13.1 restored reading stats to sideloaded KePub files. Please don't go looking for this version anymore, use the normal plugin version. I'm removing this version because of how bad it is.

As I use the side-loaded reading stats more and more, I find more and more issues. And as I read the "please don't do this" posts and talk to people on either side, I'm more and more convinced that this should be abandoned. For those of you who really really really want it, because it's literally no additional effort on my part to do so, I'll give you a one-time package that will allow you to use side-loaded reading stats. You will have to set the environment variable KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED_READING_STATS to 'True' (the capitalization on both is important) in addition to setting the option in the plugin preferences. The attached ZIP file can be added to calibre. It will update the existing KoboTouchExtended plugin to version 999.999.999, so you'll never get any future updates (which will not have this functionality enabled) and you'll have to remove the plugin, reinstall, and lose side-loaded reading stats to get updates.

There will be no support from me for anything related to this, and any issues with the plugin will require you to update to a version without the reading stats functionality to be addressed. Yes, I'm deliberately making this needlessly difficult; the potential for issues is too great to allow this to be accidentally enabled. You must also understand that you can't talk to Kobo about any issues unless you remove all side-loaded KePubs added with this plugin version and then reproduce the issue with a KePub purchased and synced from Kobo.

Last edited by jgoguen; 10-02-2015 at 08:58 AM.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote