View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:39 AM   #12
JamieS
JamieS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Thanks for all the great responses. Yup, I was using Helvitica and New Courier in my word document. The first for the main text of my story and the New Courier to represent a manuscript that one of my characters reads within the story (if that makes sense).

I do want to get familiar with CSS and stylesheets but there's so much else to do write, design cover, proof,promote etc I'm going to take a short cut this time if I can!

Having said that thank you for the advice of looking at how other books use CSS. I should have thought of that.

Also

Quote:
Agreed. If you're like me and don't use CSS very often, bookmark a CSS reference website and use it when you're making that stylesheet. It'll save you a ton of headache later on.
Can you suggest a CSS reference website you like in particular?

So what I'm seeing at the moment, both on my Kindle and Ipad, is the main text (which was Helvitica) now showing up as whichever user font I choose in the device and the New Courier showing as itself and not changeable...which is exactly what I want.

Can anyone forsee a reason why I might come unstuck using my epub as it is without further addition?

Thanks again, great stuff.

Jamie
JamieS is offline   Reply With Quote