View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #51
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
The Nexus7 and Kindle Fire HD are awesome.. no doubt.. I'm just saying they are in the rear view window of the iPad Mini..
Doug
I understand what you're saying, what I don't understand is why you are saying it.

From what I can tell, the only real advantage the iPad Mini has over the other two that you mentioned is access to the Apple ecosystem. Both the Nexus 7 and the 7 inch Fire HD possess a higher resolution screen and much lower price point and the same amount of storage. The only spec it beats them on is screen size, and it trades off resolution to do that.

Combine that with the fact it costs more than half again as much as these 7" Android contenders and I really don't see where the superiority comes in.

That ignores the fact that the true competition for the iPad Mini is the Fire HD 8.9", which provides a larger screen at a higher resolution. Even with 4:3 aspect ratio content, the Fire HD 8.9" can still provide the same size image as the iPad Mini (its screen is 7.5"x4.7" against the Mini's 6.3"x4.7" screen). Sure it's no longer effectively a larger screen, but it's still higher resolution and the Fire HD 8.9" is less expensive.

The 4th Gen iPad with retina display is really top-notch. I just don't see the true value in the Mini.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote