View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Fulda View Post
This blurb provides us with a milieu and a big-picture scenario, but it's not giving me an emotional hook. I'm looking for a character to care about, someone with a clear problem and a reason to overcome it, and I'm just not finding it.
Well the (living) woman would fit that role, but that would probably attract the wrong type of readers and would definitely skew the premise away from biker gang mayhem towards woman in peril.

Lynn Fletcher hated her job in the petrol station. Especially the graveyard shift. She was looking forward to taking her 3 year old son home and getting a few hours sleep when she found her kiosk surrounded by flesh-eating ghouls.

When a biker gang arrived and killed the ghouls, she thought they were saved. Not knowing what they meant, she agreed to be their Mama and left with them to set up camp in a fenced off industrial estate. She did what she had to do to survive, but she never gave up her plans to escape.

Then the other women started arriving. The ones who weren't like her. The ones who were kept chained up in a police prisoner transport van.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote