View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #10
nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
its also what a text file looks like to the SONY.

this has nothing to do about reflow. I don't want calibre to add anything. I just want it to stop REMOVING things :-)

take a look at the SECOND image. that is the raw text file (also attached) that the sony is reading just fine.

reflow is why I make all paragrahs one big line. so it can "reflow" as needed.

a script is a different critter formatting is critical.

I am no programmer so I guess its more complicated than I realize but it would seem it should be easy to simply instruct it to STOP doing what its doing. do not "remove" what is already their.

I am not asking it to add 6 spaces. I am saying STOP REMOVING the spaces :-)

I never asked it to remove the line spaces between paragraphs. you programmed it to do that automatically for some reason.

if the layout was incompatible with the reader SURE that would make sense but clearly from the second pic the reader handles it just fine.

I don't want it to preseve a layout. Just stop changing it. leave it alone.

if its a limitation of LRF ok I guess there is nothing I can do about it.

I was kind of hoping there was a check box somewhere that simply did something to the effect of STOP reformatting the content.

it seems to me you intentionally (for whatever reason) told the program

to take this

-------Hello (dashes are spaces)

and make it

Hello

why?

why is one space ok but 4 spaces not ok? why does it leave single spaces alone but REMOVE multiple spaces?

why does it REMOVE line spaces between paragraphs that are already their?

why not leave it alone? is there a technical reason? is there something "I" can do to work around it? ie what can I do to format my documents before I give them to calibre so it stops messing with the formatting? something more compatible with it or something?

you tell me and I will do it. I don't mind extra work.

Last edited by nerys; 02-28-2010 at 08:08 PM.
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote