View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #8
mrsquash
Connoisseur
mrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enough

Device: K4-NT, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamahome View Post
Hi. I still can't get the page numbers to show up, even by converting the Calibre Quick Start Guide to mobi, and putting both the mobi and apnx in the Kindle for PC folder (My Kindle Content) . I've given them the same basenames, and even tried renaming the mobi file to azw.
Yeah, there's something strange going on there. I chose an Amazon-purchased book that had no page number file (Scott Nicholson's excellent "The First") and generated an APNX for it using the new calibre plugin, then copied that to the "My Kindle Content" folder. Kindle4PC displayed page numbers for the book, no problem.

I then took a non-Amazon mobi file, generated the APNX, and copied both to the "My Kindle Content" folder. This time, no page numbers displayed in K4PC. However, when I copied that book and APNX file to my K3, the page numbers did display.

This is no problem for me, since I only use K4PC to check out samples and for its usefulness in deDRMing my purchases. What little reading of mobi files that I do on my PC is done with mobipocket's reader, which generates its own page numbers. I read pretty much all of my books on the Kindle, but can see where this could be a problem for others who use apps.
mrsquash is offline   Reply With Quote