View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
While I can't think of any dedicated threads, it has come up from time to time particularly in various threads in the "Which one should I buy" topic.

The way that I get around this problem is that I use copy/paste from the book description found at Amazon.com, a book review site such as www.fantasticfiction.co.uk, or the online book store into a plain text file. Since my Kindle is perfectly happy with the plain text file, I just transfer the file to the Kindle and then I have the description handy. This is very helpful when the book is part of a series -- I create one file for the entire series and now I have the sequence/order as well as the description of the individual books in the series.

And, not every eBook has the front cover. If the publisher doesn't own the rights to the cover art, they just substitute a plain-text "cover". This has happened to me several times with recently published books.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote