View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #136
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
[...]I expect to publish my second novel, and to finish writing my third novel. If these don't happen then I'm in real trouble (won't be the first time).[...]
Completed the first draft of my third novel tonight (204,000 words, I imagine it will come down from that on subsequent edits). It's quite a relief to finally have the story out. Obviously lots to do on it yet, but I'll put it away for a month or two and hope that it still looks okay when I come back to it.

Now (or after fulfilling some work commitments) I can finally return to my second novel and try to get it ready to publish. It has been through several drafts already, but I haven't touched it in months. I hadn't intended to put it off this long, but the third novel wouldn't leave me alone.