View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #12
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfuente View Post
I never thought or expected it would be like a tablet, because I tested the KG before I bought it. Itīs more that I see the implementation is terrible.
Whatīs the usefulness for example to label a bookmark "Bookmark: 24% into chapter". When I look later at the Annotations I donīt search for 24% I look for Content that refers to something. Even if it useful for someone, give me at least the option to label it as I want.
The same thing with the pictures not possible to zoom!! please, what is that, do you know that the images are stored in the Epub file as images, because the epub is actually a zip-file with content like pictures among other stuff. It would be very easy to implement that.

The KG has the potential to be a really good device if the developers would put some more effort, because I think it is nothing inherently missing. As I already said I think itīs just a poor implementation.
And come on boy, the issue with the notes and annotations that donīt get saved. Itīs ridiculous that such a basic function is not working.
have a nice day
Elfuente thank you for drawing my attention to these deficits.

I read a lot of non-fiction and also want to highlight and annotate and be able to look at maps and drawings and pictures etc that are inclusive of the topic of the book.

The reason I am looking at buying a Glo is because it has lighting built in - which I need. My Sony 650 is just too dark for me to read comfortably in doors unless the lighting around me is 'just right'. So I've been reading from my Blackberry Playbook which is wonderful on my eyes in all lighting conditions.

However the Playbook's reader apps, including the native Kobo, don't have highlighting or annotation or other features that a fully fledged reader has. Also the playbook can get a tad heavy to hold for any length of time.

However, the PDF App is quite good.

So, it seems from what you're saying that the Glo isn't going to meet my needs as much as I'd hoped.

Do any notes and annotations get saved? Or is the Glo haphazard in saving them?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote