Thread: Calibre Speedup
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 02:49 AM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Helen

I've always noticed that if I do an unqualified search for say "quantitative" then it takes a few minutes with a lot of disk I/O, but it seems to be a one time delay. If after that I do another search for say "subprime" its back in a flash with very little disk I/O.

Tomorrow the first search will be 'slow', so I'm guessing that SQLLite builds a temporary index for unqualified searches - i.e. when its not searching via Tag Browser items (author, publisher etc) only.

My unqualified search terms are usually in the summary metadata and titles, I don't bother much with Keyword Tags - whats in the summary is usually good enough for me. Beyond that I use Windows Search.

I have a library of 3500 documents - not many books as such, mainly research papers from governments, academe, consultants, ngo's etc.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote