View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 06:38 AM   #12
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Supporting a KF8 would give users an expectation that may not be achievable.
Also, I have no interest in implementing or supporting a closed and proprietary format.
I understand your position, but wouldn't it be possible to simply add an option to specify the path to the Kindlegen KF8 executable and have Kindlegen generate KF8 output from the ePub in the background?
AFAIK, many commercial programs create Kindle output this way and Kindlegen is freely available for Windows, Linux and OS X.

And since many Kindle content creators seem start out with ePubs generated by Sigil, would it be possible to add an option for automatically generating an Kindle/Mobi style inline TOC from the NCX file Calibre does?

(I know that Kindle style TOCs are not required for ePubs, but why force Kindle content creators to use external tools just to manually insert a TOC?)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote