View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 09:59 AM   #10
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leday View Post
It's good to know Calibre is compatible with this device (I LOVE Calibre!). Most of the books I have are parts of series, so I used the collections feature in my PRS700 to separate them into their series so I can organize/find them easily. I would probably use the shelves feature in the Nook, but it would be nice if Calibre can do this automatically when downloading the book to the device (like it does with the Sony) instead of having to do this manually AFTER the book is downloaded.
I see what you are saying; I have lots of series and such (eg same author books) too, and with the PRS 650 it was sometimes tricky to find them - author/sort, go to letter was fastest, but here you just type two letters of the author name or title, three letters... real time the titles appear until you narrow down to what you want; to me this is one of the best features and once you do it without thinking, you will see that it finds you anything much faster than several touches (eg go into shelves, pick the right one, scroll down if you have more than the books showed on one screen...)

And you can do it for the whole Nook and it is as fast and actually you can do it combined with the Internet and Wikipedia (if you have wi-fi of course) since once you start typing in letters in the global search, it offers you the options:

results Nook for *****
search Web for *****
search Wikipedia for ******

Very useful if you read something and want to bone up fast about some event or personality
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote