View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 05:10 AM   #24
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Because we can do it, don't means we want to bother with it.
Exactly! I can learn tech stuff and code, if I see an advantage to it. But to read? No way. I have been reading for 40 years, and I see no reason to make it more complicated now. I just want to pick up a book, open it and start reading. Anything else is just a waste of my time and attention.

This reminds me of an anecdote I heard long ago, when we still had obligatory military service for men. Apparently the first thing the army did was teach them to walk. So you had this bunch of 18-20 year olds, who suddenly didn't know how to walk

I don't plan to learn how to read again, and even less to learn how to hack my device so that I can read.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote