View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 01:11 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlac View Post
Thanks to all for the good information!

A couple of notes that may help others:

(a) The instructions say to turn on the power while holding the top left button. For those who may be confused by what "top left" means -- it's the Next Page arrow button on the left side of the device.

(b) I was able to flash the firmware update with other files on the card. Perhaps some firmware updates on some devices actually need some blank space on the card to write temporary files? Since I have about 9 gb free on a 16 gb card, I wasn't worried.
This is interesting information. It sounds like you used an SDHC card to load the firmware. Jinke specifically identifies the requirements as an SD card (2G and under formatted in FAT16). An SDHC card is formatted FAT32 and goes beyond the 2G size so perhaps they have the full function SD/SDHC driver in the boot loader. (I wouldn't expect this to work on a V3 and am even surprised it works on a V5.)

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote