View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 12:36 PM   #5
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I agree - after all I know how much one has to install to get a Calibre Windows development environment to run. However as IronPython states that it includes Python libraries from the standard 2.5.2 release it just might work! However if Calibre now REQUIRES 2.6 there is not much point in trying.
Some quick Googling finds a project devoted to CPython Extensions for IronPython. It appears there's a significant amount of voodoo involved, and the IronPython/CPython interface is not remotely transparent. Maybe there's something more recent? but doesn't look painless to me...

For your immediate question, I'm developing for calibre and running trunk code using Python 2.5.2, but I don't run the GUI so YMMV.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote