View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #24
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I've read the second and third Earthsea books this year, and they've been two of my favourite books. I think the quality of the prose would just have been wasted on me as a child. I actually thought they were both better than the first one, which to my taste was a bit fractured and picaresque. The Tombs of Atuan and The Farthest Shore both seemed to tell a more complete and rounded story.

I've found her adult SF more of a mixed bag. Sometimes it's a bit more admirable than actually enjoyable, if you see what I mean.

Luckily, unlike JSWolf, I didn't make up my mind forever based on the first book I read, and then continually jump in with a dig any time Le Guin's name is mentioned. Although that is mainly because I had to read a second book to complete the Hugo winners.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote