View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
Bertone
Bertone began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Exclamation Another related bug in landscape mode

I just discovered a related bug.

If you have a pdf file with a larger paper / text area size, like Din A4, and you want to view it in landscape mode, there's a similar problem, in addition to the bug I already described.

Here's what I did:

- I opened the pdf file and applied new "Odd Even Margins" (I always use the new patched pd reader with this feature).
- Then I selected fit "To Width" under "Reading".
- Then I changed site orientation to landscape mode.

If I use the joystick for page turning, the pdf reader separates the page of my pdf file into three convenient segments.

Until here everything works as I would expect it.

With landscape mode the orientation of the joystick adapts to the new mode / orientation. If you hold the M92 in landscape mode, you still have to click he joystick downwards in order to turn to the next page. So far so good.

First I read the first / upper segment.
Then I click the joystick downwards and I can read the second / midddle segment.
Another click with the joystick and the M92 displays the third / bottom segment of the page.

Again, everything as expected.

But now, if I click the joystick again, I would expect that the pdf reader displays the first / upper segment of the next page. But that's not what happens. The pdf reader shifts the viewport again a bit downwards, it shows parts of the bottom margin. Something that souldn't happen, since I excluded these parts of the page via the "Odd Even Margins" settings.
Instead, the pdf reader should switch to the first segment of the next page.

That's new bug number 1, similar to the one described at the start of this thread. It might even be the same bug. But with these settings a joystick click has to shift the viewport two times before a click with the joystick (or the "<" / ">" buttons) turns the page.

But that's not all. If I click the joystick again, I finally arrive at the next page. But not at the upper segment, as I would expect it. Instead, the pdf reader leads me inexplicably immediately to the third / bottom segment of the next page. In order to read the first two segments of the page I have to click backwards. And that happens everytime I want to turn to the next page.
I cannot imagine that's the way it's supposed to work.

That's new bug number 2.

And a swipe with the stylus also doesn't really work for page turning with these settings. Either the pdf reader shows only white space after a few stylus swipes (bug number 3), or the stylus moves the viewport to the left or to the right, in addition to up or down. Something that shouldn't happen when I set the viewport to fit "To Width". Then a stylus swipe should only move the viewport up or down, not sideways.

That would be bug number 4.

Booxtor, is a fix / patch for these bugs possible?

And before I forget it. As mentioned I like the new patched pdf reader with the "Odd Even Margins" option. If a patch / fix for these bugs is possible it would be nice if this patch works with / is for the new patched pdf reader with the "Odd Even Margins" option.

Bertone is offline   Reply With Quote