View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:47 AM   #12
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZImmortal View Post
I had no idea that Kindles automatically try to connect to open networks, and although I'm guessing that all traffic is encrypted, it seems like an unnecessary security risk. Is this how every wifi-enabled model behaves?
From my experience, yes. I should add, however, that regardless of the number of available, unsecured networks, the user must tap on "connect" before actually establishing a connection. But if one returns to a previously-connected network the Kindle will indeed connect automatically unless that particular network has been removed ("forgotten") from the list of networks.

Last edited by Skydog; 10-08-2012 at 04:58 AM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote