View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #30
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Given that the equivalent XOOM and Ipad are identical prices, I just don't understand that.
The equivalent models are the same price, but as Barty mentioned they came into the market with only the 3G models. I think a lot of people look at the ipad and figure 'around $500', then when they actually go to buy one they get sold on extra storage or 3G. Xoom didn't give that option originally - minimum price was $700. Given that one of their main competitive points with the ipad (the SD slot) wasn't even functional (and still isn't on US models, from what I understand?), it was too high an entry point to compete.

At the same price, you have to show consumers what your model has that the incumbent market leader (the iPad) doesn't. Go below the ipad pricing, people will start to shrug off minor differences and look at your product.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote