View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 02:20 AM   #10
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMavrick View Post
As a prostate cancer survivor myself (going on 2 years now) and the husband of a breast cancer survivor I have a couple of opinions on the subject.

If it is fear of loss of sexual function, ask yourself some questions. Is sex the entire focus of your life? Is there nothing else you live for? How much sex do you expect to have after you die from prostate cancer because you ignored it?

Guys, get the check up. It is not that bad. If you get a positive result get the biopsy. It's no fun but still not as bad as some dental treatments I have had in the past. If you have cancer explore the means to treat it and follow through. At worst after treatment you will lose sexual function but still be able to enjoy every other part of life's experiences. That is by no means a given result of treatment either. There are many of us survivors who carry on as before.
The newer surgeries for prostate cancer also have amazing results. The robot-assisted radical prostatectomy done by an experienced surgeon has a hospital stay of *one day*, catheter removal in 7 days and return of full sexual function by 24 months post-op in 90% of men who were potent pre-operatively.

My Dad will be having one of these done in January, so I have researched the subject exhaustively, both to find the best procedure and the best doctor.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote