View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #478
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I wouldn't exactly call it handiwork, because it took me only 10 minutes with Sigil to generate it from the pretty good HTML source. It still needs to be checked for errors and is missing a cover page.
I noticed the lack of a cover because I was able to send the file to my Kindle at work (where I don't have Calibre or Sigil), but the text looks great.

One issue, which we might want to discuss privately so as not to derail the thread:

Every time I try to open an HTML file or conversion, or edit a preexisting epub book in Sigil, I seem to lose part of the text. I was working on a version of At-Swim Two Birds and ceased once bits of text began disappearing. I didn't know how to stop the process, let alone undo it.

That's the only reason I hesitate to work on Minima Moralia in Sigil. If you wouldn't mind trading a few emails on the subject, perhaps I can take your conversion, add a cover and hone the text. I have a beautiful hardcover of MM to which to compare it.

Whether you choose to advise me or not, thanks tons for converting and uploading the book! Such a pleasure to see the text on my Galaxy S and PRS-350.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 10-08-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote