View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #67
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I'd prefer to drop one of the Classics months, especially as many of them overlap to other genres. Would also like Classic to be defined so we know what's eligible. Dickens/Shakespeare/Bronte: sure, no question. Poe? Probably. What about more obscure authors? (If I could name them off the top of my head, they wouldn't be obscure.) Or more recent authors--is Rand a "classic" author? Orwell?

Perhaps Fantasy could be moved to July, and swapped to put Biography/Autobiography in November. That's got a nice resonance for me; I can easily tie in the Thanksgiving holiday season with reading about real people's lives. That also moves Fantasy from being back-to-back with Horror, and avoids two months of closely related genres.

Could almost replace December's "Classics" with "holiday-themed" ebooks--for any holiday, not just winter ones. Or put it at "any free ebook" on the theory that December is hard enough on the pocketbook for a lot of us. (I'd define "free" as "available for free from the time the book is selected, through the month of December," if it mattered.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote