View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #22
mcysr
mcysr is on a distinguished road

Device: none
I just want to clarify my comments. I think the jetBook is very sturdy and solid.

I bought one each for my 13 year old boys. It appears to be a rugged unit, much more so than any of the Kindles we have had, and we have had SEVERAL of each type of Kindle now.

Although rugged and sturdy, and the buttons work just fine, the tactile quality feels inexpensive and the design is not as nice as the Kindle, although the screen is better.

I would change location of the buttons and give them a different feel, maybe softer, however this is nitpicking.

It is the unit I always seem to pick up and read, especially outside; Great screen in the direct sun and I'm not afraid I'm going to break it.

Be nice if they water-proofed it and made it float, though. I added a wrist lanyard to it so I wouldn't drop it overboard when on the boat.

Tip: I have used mine in a heavy duty zip-loc freezer bag for the hot-tub and the boat. Works better than you would think, would work with any reader.

Sorta reminds me of a Suzuki Samurai I once had when i was younger. It would always get you there, no matter where you were going or whatever the conditions, but it wasn't the fanciest date vehicle.

Last edited by mcysr; 07-17-2009 at 10:37 AM.
mcysr is offline   Reply With Quote