View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
I did another test earlier today, where I had my screensaver update every 10 minutes (the weather image has a timestamp so I know when it was updated). Unfortunately I have not yet figured out how to refresh the screensaver, however turning the Kindle on, entering my passcode and turning it off again would show me the latest screensaver available on the device.

What I noticed was that after some (not measured amount of) time, turning it on/off would not show a timestamp from the last 10 minutes, instead significantly older.

Also, doing
Code:
dmesg | grep suspend
shows me that the device was suspended multiple times.

As I did a lot of tests today, I will repeat the test overnight to make sure I did observe this correctly. But as far as I can tell so far, the device actually suspends.
The kernel log, dmesg, will tell you when it changes state.

There is a KUAL button for a utility that copies the kernel ring buffer to a *.txt file you can view on the Kindle.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote