View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 03:58 PM   #3
peterson
Connoisseur
peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramast View Post
Are you sure PW2 does actually suspend? if you try to make a crontab that execute every 20 minute and append system date to a file in /tmp and leave it overnight we can tell if it actually suspend or not
I did another test earlier today, where I had my screensaver update every 10 minutes (the weather image has a timestamp so I know when it was updated). Unfortunately I have not yet figured out how to refresh the screensaver, however turning the Kindle on, entering my passcode and turning it off again would show me the latest screensaver available on the device.

What I noticed was that after some (not measured amount of) time, turning it on/off would not show a timestamp from the last 10 minutes, instead significantly older.

Also, doing
Code:
dmesg | grep suspend
shows me that the device was suspended multiple times.

As I did a lot of tests today, I will repeat the test overnight to make sure I did observe this correctly. But as far as I can tell so far, the device actually suspends.

Last edited by peterson; 03-14-2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Fix typo (susped -> suspend)
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote