View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 03:25 AM   #10
Bookripper
Connoisseur
Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too much to remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's untrue. if you didn't want to break the laws, you would not be using a website that has pirated eBooks that you download and then come here to ask us for help fixing what others have broken. That's very hypocritical of you.

Ah, one of the crusaders... Always fun!!

Me, hypocritical?? Do you know what's really hypocritical? Big players like Amazon using the fear of publishers to bind them to their non-usable DRM-protected crap that only works on 1 device.
And while they are trying to ram download-ethics down our throats, they are price-fixing, which is ALSO ILLEGAL and CRIMINAL. And they get filthy rich of it. I make no money out of this, I only save myself a trip to the library.

I only download for personal use. If I go to a library, I can also read all books for free! Probably you should try to outlaw them too.

People who dont want to pay for reading, dont pay for reading. That has been going on for decades (government approved and regulated, if I might add). The internet just made this a bit easier.

But I'm not even like that. I download books and I buy the ones that I really like. Same with movies and music. But the time that I spend hundreds of $ on some overpriced stuff, in the hope that I like it, is OVER. You have no lessons to teach me.

For decades, artists and writers should not have been so stupid to accept a lousy 2$ per item sold and expect us to cough up an additional 18$ just to make their leaching publisher or record label schmucks rich (I'm from Europe, a new CD or Book costs 20 bucks here, not 7,99 like in the States). Who's stealing from who here? It's the decade-long overpricing and price fixing that made the illegal market big. Not people like me. I was a (b)leading user for DECADES, paying top price for stuff I never watch, listen to, or read anymore.

So if you are gonna make a little speech on community spirit, I suggest you target someone else. Besides mentioning (not recommending or advertising!!!) a pirate site 1 time, I'm a good little boyscout on this forum.
I bet 100% of the users here have some sort of pirated or copyrighted material/media somewhere on their pc. Including YOU.

Cheers! RIPPER