View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #43
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you hold the Touch with your thumb on the edge of the bezel, it takes only a small rolling movement of your thumb to turn the page. Just as easy as pressing a button.
For most people. But for those of us with thin or shaky fingers or who move around too much... Well, I can't keep my thumb that close to the screen without accidentally turning pages. It's why I gave up trying to use my Sony.

Quote:
That would also be true with buttons, though. If you had your thumb on the "Page Forward" button, you'd have to move it to do a "Page Back".
But the thumb is still kept resting there on the outer edge.

Quote:
I can only imagine the agonies those people who worry about moving their thumb a fraction of an inch must have gone through when turning the page of a paper book .
Well, actually, yes. My hands are very weak and shaky, so I did have a very hard time reading paper books -- when I even made the attempt.

My kindle restored my ability to enjoy reading again, thanks to these touches that wouldn't have seemed important to me either, until I needed them.

I *love* my Samsung 2 tablet, but I'd be lost without the Swype keyboard on it. Even with it, it takes me forever to type anything legible. Trying to edit, hit a link, or highlight a word on it or a touch reader is... argh.

At least my kindle had text_to-speech, and my Galaxy Tab lets me use Ivona text-to-speech. :thumbup:

I know people like me are a minority, and I'd never want to restrict tech to catering to us, but I'm really happy Amazon has kept the k3 in their lineup for us.
I just hope they give it needed updates to it.

Eta: please forgive typos, etc. Tapatalk won't let me preview, and see above re editing.

Last edited by Piper_; 09-10-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote