Thread: PRS-T1 New Homescreen
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 09:11 AM   #130
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
What I have done is to remove all of the code that read in the calibre metadata (which is stored in a plain text file) and created a database file containing the calibre data.
I'm lazy.
Three quick questions:
- is the book list limited to Sony-detected and/or Calibre-transfered ebooks?
- do you only list epubs or do you track other formats?
- does the app allow "registering" specific folder locations to look for ebooks to be listed? Maybe DRM'ed ones?

What I'm thinking is that one of the key benefits of rooting is adding reading apps for Kindle and other formats, which tend to store/look for ebooks in different locations. It would be nice if the book list could aggregate all books (DRM-free and encumbered) and feed them to the appropriate app (by extension, I suppose).

Probably too complicated, given the T1's resources, right?
One can dream...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote