View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 02:40 PM   #24
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Oh man, I feel really bad for not being surprised. I guess I don't expect much out of my fellow human beings.

(It makes the pain so so so much less...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
For decades now, it hasn't take much more than attendance to earn a diploma in the US.
Ahh, you are super right. What is the saying(?):

Keep paying for lessons until you learn something (and you don't always learn something)

A lesson in itself. After my brother learned more Japanese in a summer of self study than I did in an entire "accelerated" course at a local college I have vehemently held to the opinion that nothing, and I mean not a thing, can replace true and honest motivation, desire, and passion for a subject.

Last edited by Anthem; 04-13-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote