View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #18
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Interesting. 80% of US families didn't buy or read a book last year but 38% of adults spent some time on the previous day reading a book for pleasure. I think some people might not be telling the truth. Either that or they read lots of books but never finish any of them.
Good call! There is this:
Quote:
Be wary of statistics on reading. Numbers will vary depending on how the question is phrased. When asked if THEY read books, many people will inflate the figure to appear knowledgeable and scholarly.

“40% of people admit to lying about having read certain books, according to a study published last year by the Museums, Libraries and Archives Council.”
--BBC News, http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7178598.stm

[snip]

Most readers do not get past page 18 in a book they have purchased.
I 100% believe this. I've known people to do both. One friend of mine has a bookcase full of books he's never finished (though they all look extra boring).
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote