View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #12
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Are these book you've bought from Amazon, or freebies, or pdfs?

If you buy a book from Amazon, and the formatting is terrible, you can return it using the 'contact us' feature, explaining the problem. They will refund your money and if they feel it necessary, remove the book until its formatted properly.

The freebies are notorious for errors, and pdfs are just screwy.
Thanks, desertgrandma. Yes, the major formatting problems have been with the freebies. Some of those are from established publishers, while others are not. It's a shame because it doesn't take much effort to create an ebook so that chapters begin on a new page, for example. And I appreciate it when you can use the Kindle 5-way controller to skip between chapters/sections, which many publishers don't enable.

I'll continue to read ebooks and try not to grumble too much. I'm probably too picky anyway. I do enjoy my Kindle!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote