View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #62
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
I strongly suggest for anyone considering an ereader to buy the Kindle. I own both the Sony PRS-505 and the Kindle and really there is no comparison. The Amazon "service" makes the Kindle superior to the Sony Reader in many ways, hands down.

I'm afraid the Sony product will now die a slow death like their MP3 players. Now that the profit margins are gone with the Connect store, I expect it will be shuttered in less than a year and Sony will move onto the next great "high-margin" gadget (that is the Sony way).

Get the Kindle or regret it! It's a no-brainer really.
By that logic, the iLiad and Cybook should have cratered long since, and the e-Bookwise 1150 would certainly not be a hot topic of discussion around here.

If what you're looking for is a service then by all means, go for the Kindle.

If, on the other hand, what you're looking for is a reading device ... then I'd encourage you to weigh all the available devices on their individual advantages and drawbacks and decide which, if any, suits what you need/want to do.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote