View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #61
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
I'm afraid the Sony product will now die a slow death like their MP3 players. Now that the profit margins are gone with the Connect store, I expect it will be shuttered in less than a year and Sony will move onto the next great "high-margin" gadget (that is the Sony way).
Based on what, exactly? You say that the profit margins are gone on the Connect store, and yet Amazon has already admitted to losing money on many titles at the $9.95 price, so their profit margins must be gone, too. That must mean that the Kindle store, too, will be shuttered in less than a year, right? Doesn't Amazon also have a history of abandoning digital customers?

Personally, I hope they both do well. That way someone will eventually be able to put out a really good e-book device. Meanwhile, the Kindle really doesn't offer me anything I want over the Sony to make it worth an extra $100, so I seriously doubt I'll regret anything.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote