View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 11:31 AM   #4
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardgainer View Post
Have a question guys. I am considerably fresh to all these ebooks so the question is: Where are you getting these books from. Amazon is the only place i know at the moment. Is there any other places you can your books from, cheaper? Or just download them for free? Thanks for helping me out in advance guys, i really appreciate this.
There are lots of places to get ebooks (though if you have a Kindle, it might be a bit more restricted since you can only buy DRM'd books from Amazon for the Kindle).

Barnes and Noble, Kobo and Books on Board are all good sites. Fictionwise (owned by Barnes and Noble) is a good place to look if you want to find books free of DRM (look for the multiformat books). Finally check out Smashwords; they are essentially a storefront for lots of indie books, most fairly cheap (lots free) and none with DRM.

As for free ebooks, we will assume you mean ones that are legal. And the answer is yes. There is Project Gutenberg, Manybooks.net and Feedbooks. Most of these books are in the Public Domain, but a surprisingly large number are books that authors or publishers have made available for free (usually as a promotion tool). Also in that vein, be sure to check out Baen's Free Library and the Fifth Imperium website. Both of these sites contain legal, free ebooks that are published by Baen. Great if you like Science Fiction, not so great if you don't .

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote