View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
ciscopixie
Enthusiast
ciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toysciscopixie shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Aura HD, iPhone SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post

I'm glad you're having fun with the Glo. I was attracted to it like a mosquito to the light in the very beginning, but I think I'll wait a little bit to see how the market evolves with those eReaders.
Well, the light is kind of a big deal [at least for me] because if I'm sitting in a darkish area or one that's not quite the right lighting conditions, the Glo doesn't show its writing properly

While front-light may not be important now, what you need to ask yourself is: do I read at night? *and* do I want to read in darkness in bed? If yes to either, the light is recommended. The way I thought about it is that if i have the light and i don't use it, it's okay because I have it if i need it

You *could* get a cover with the light built into it, and just flick it out at night but i didn't like it because of the glare I'm a tad picky. This is also my first ereader and quite frankly, I'll never go back to paperbacks.

No harm will be done if you wait for the sale to be over. It's a decision that you need to think about long and hard to avoid regretting your purchase. Besides, if your country is anything like mine, there's always a new sale - just a different name like New Years Sale or End-of-Season stock!
ciscopixie is offline   Reply With Quote