View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #8
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink Jockey View Post
I suppose I should have posted the link to the book in my initial post, but the post wasn't so much about that 'specific' book, (it just happened to be the one I had just finished reading...). It also falls into the SciFi/Fantasy genre which everybody is not necessarily interested in reading.

It never hurts to post the link. If they aren’t interested they'll ignore it. But not everyone will post the link so you can do as you like. I prefer to post it as I'll already know where to find the info. The same goes for posting about a "'specific' book" that you are reading or finished. In a general posting the genre isn't important. Of course if you're posting in a thread about harlequin romance then leave out the SciFi / Horror book references. But I think that a lot of us will switch to different genre if the book sounds interesting enough.

What I find interesting is that I can find a book like that one only from a virtually unknown author, and only on the Kindle list - and get really wrapped up in the story because it just seems to fit what I wanted to read, and at the same time I've shelled out $8-$10 at Barnes And Noble for books that were utter crap. Some of those I'm sure that the author must have been the son/daughter of somebody in the publishing house.

>DTW
New authors can be a great discovery. And yes, you will sometimes get stuck with junk. But that is where the next part may help you.

Next Part

"What I find interesting is that I can find a book like that one only from a virtually unknown author,[/U] and only on the Kindle list"

As you know by now the "Kindle list" is not your only source. Smashwords and others can also provide new and great writers. Here on Mobileread are some writers so good that I feel bad about only paying a few dollars. If that. Many are free. And VERY GOOD too.

Another point is that on Smashwords and many of the other sites you can read a few pages or chapters to see if you will like the book before you buy it.

So you find an epub book that looks good. But you have a Kindle. No problem. There's a free program (donations optional) called Calibre to convert it to the Kindle format. EASY

Welcome InkJockey, there's a lot here for you.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote