View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
lconover
lconover began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Migrating Calibre from a failing hard drive - mangled my Collections data

I think I might have mangled my Collections data past repair, but, I figured I'd post here to see if anyone might be able to advise me...

Currently, I have Calibre's program files installed on my C:\ drive, and the actual LRF file library on another drive. Windows recently let me know that the drive holding my library is starting to fail, so, I copied that entire directory to a stable drive.

To try to 'repoint' Calibre, I renamed the original library folder after installing a fresh copy of Calibre. I then recursively added the 'new' folder to Calibre. I suspect these steps were the wrong things to do, since it appears that my Collection data didn't seem to make the journey. I use that feature pretty heavily, so I'm very sad that I might have to retag all my collections again...

Is there any way to restore that data? The failing drive is still accessible (for now) with the original book folder intact. Where does Calibre keep its data for Collections? And in the future, should I need to migrate my book files elsewhere, is there a better way to do it so that the data can be kept intact?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

-Laura
lconover is offline   Reply With Quote