View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 05:23 PM   #24
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by julianabr View Post
Dear Mr. The Great

Even this is an old post, you are a current forum member, so i am hoping you read this and have some suggestions. I am in the same boat as OP: I need a non wi-fi ereader due to the "other concerns" mentioned above (turning wifi off does not solve my issue). I tried to track down the navy and UASF models you mentioned (they not only solve my issues, but COOL!), but no go. The most current one I could find was the sony prs-650.

Do you know of any other esoteric ereaders that fit the no wifi requirement (usb is ok)? If not, do you know if the sony handles the current version of calibre? I'm a kindle girl myself, and I don't want to buy the hardware if i have to use sony's atrocious software.

Another question i'll throw out there: Anyone know how to crack open a kindle (any model, I have several) and _disable_ the wifi?

Thanks all!

juliana
Did you look at this device? Playaway#Lock on our wiki?

Also look at InkCase Plus which is a reader that fits on the back of a phone but can be removed and used by itself. When it is by itself there is no WiFi.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 03-13-2018 at 05:44 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote