View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #12
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Thank you all. I think I'll buy a Kobo Glo. I think Amazon should take seriously into consideration to add an USB port to Paperwhite and the epub support ;-)

The only thing I don't like is that in my country Kobo is connected to an online ebook store owned by Berlusconi...
The Paperwhite does have a USB port, as I believe has already been stated. It has a standard micro usb connection and when connected to a host system is shows up as a mass storage device, which means that it shows up just like a USB flash drive. It has a folder named "Documents" and anything in a compatible format (.txt, .mobi, .azw, .pdf) dropped in that folder or a subfolder below it will show up.

There is no direct epub support, but there are a few 3rd party apps to support epub, and conversion is very easy. Calibre is the most popular solution, but I personally just use the kindlegen command line tool that Amazon has on their website. Alternatively you can use their previewer tool. Just drag and drop an epub file onto the previewer tool and it opens it and saves a file in the same folder as the original epub that you can then copy to your Kindle.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote