Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #229
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Will it matter if people vote for 3 or for 9? It can be people signalling all choices that they'd be happy to read and discuss. I'm not sure it's that important to keep it to an arbitrary figure. True, some may vote for all selections, but others may only vote for one or two. It would certainly be interesting to see the outcome...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Good points. If choosing a book that the greatest number of people are willing to read is the goal, then multiple voting should work towards that and it doesn't really matter how many books someone votes for. There might be more ownership and incentive to read the book if you voted for it, even if it was not your first or even third choice...
These are both good points.

I think any way we do multiple choice will work well and be better than single choice, though I think non-restricted multiple choice voting may be best for our club because of the above, and also because:

-Simplicity - There's nothing to worry about or keep in mind as one votes besides choosing which books one would like to vote for.

-No Extra Work/No Errors - There is no extra work for Tom, nothing to check on, nothing to adjust if a voter messes up, no chance of errors.

Last edited by sun surfer; 11-16-2012 at 09:24 AM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote