View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #14
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewt View Post
.../In the lovely Soyans Gais example, the AU CONCERT VATOIRE chapter, if you have your view the width set single-column full screen *might* show part of what I've talking about. The second paragraph (Il faut vous dire) starts with an indent, and can land on the second line of the drop cap. .../...
-b
This can, sometimes be a problem, if you use indents. Statistically, with dropcaps on two lines you have much less chance to face this than with dropcaps on three lines. :-)

Also there is the question of the possible punctuation mark, just before the initial letter. Usually, I suppress it. It is also possible to include it in the initial. I've seen both. It's a matter of choice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	concert.png
Views:	241
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	91854   Click image for larger version

Name:	concertIPAD.png
Views:	254
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	91856  

Last edited by roger64; 09-05-2012 at 11:48 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote