View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 12:03 AM   #39
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm going to forge ahead with Wicked also. I've meant to read it for a long time and I should return my nephew's copy to him before he leaves for college this fall. I've had it for [mumble] years [/mumble].
It's the book description in the first post that sells it for me. "[S]trange and imaginative postmodernist fable ... puckish humor and bracing pessimism in this fantastical meditation on good and evil, God and free will ... has both idealism and cynicism in its discussion of social, religious, educational, and political issues present in Oz, and, more pointedly, present in our day and time." Sounds interesting; a lot more so than straight out fantasy.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote