View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 01:37 AM   #120
mental_case
mental_case began at the beginning.

Device: Literati
Hi. I've been searching all over the web for an answer to my problem, but none of the solutions seem to be working for me.
I got a Literati for X-Mas (how many times has that been said?) and it worked well for three months. I was able to put my ebooks in epub format on the internal HD and read them. I wasn't as pleased with its handling of pdf, but so it goes.
Last night I was downloading a free book (On the Origin of the Species) with WiFi when I got a strange message about my bookmarks being updated. When I returned to the library, all my books were gone. I can still see them on the internal memory when I connect my device to the computer, but the reader will not detect them. Plus, I cannot delete any files from the device without getting an error message. Also, Calibre will detect the device, but soon flashes an error message as well.
I know that the likely answer is the my file system has been corrupted, but I can't seem to make factory reset function as intended. It resets my time and date, but does nothing to the files still on the internal memory of the device. I even tried to reformat the device, but that too gave an error message. I tried hard resets galore, and nothing. After synching or disconnecting the USB, the "processing" screen takes foooooorever, but still fails to detect the books on the internal memory.
I'm ready to defenestrate this P.O.S. Basically right now it is a paperweight.

Calibre error message:
calibre, version 0.7.52
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 13] Permission denied: 'H:\\.driveinfo.calibre'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 64, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 297, in _get_device_information
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 95, in get_device_information
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 83, in _update_driveinfo_file
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'H:\\.driveinfo.calibre'

Help, please. I want my device back!
mental_case is offline   Reply With Quote