View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #106
klu529
klu529 began at the beginning.

Device: Literati
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwoman View Post
Having a heck of a time recently with my Literati. It was working fine since Christmas when I was gifted it. I've been reading epub books that I download from our public library. Now I can't delete the most recent expired four epub books. I just did a hard reset (back of reader) and then synced the library. That causes none of the books display on the screen -- but under settings, it says onboard storage is 35 mg of 210mb. So, to investigate this, I connect it to my Win7 desktop and open windows explorer/K drive/literati. There I see the four epub books; none are zero kb. I do the safe eject. Sometimes the epubs will reappear; other times they do not display. At all times, the onboard storage setting remains at 25 mg of 210 mg.

When I reconnect it to my PC and use adobe editions to view literati, I see the books once again. I hit delete on each book. I get a "failed" message. Each book's item info says it is expired.

Then I tried to move onto literati one new epub book. I get a message saying file not able to be copied -- i/o error.

Any ideas on how to fix this??
Sounds like the memory got corrupted. Have you tried running error-checking on it while connected to your computer?

For just the book issue, have you tried resetting back to the factory settings from the menu?

You can also try the procedure I describe in the post below this one.

Last edited by klu529; 03-18-2011 at 01:09 PM.
klu529 is offline   Reply With Quote