View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 05:41 AM   #1
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Typographic quotes broken after editing in Sigil

I have several epub files created with standard western font encoding, that I have opened in Sigil to embed cover graphics. After saving them, I find that typographic quotes have been converted to ... I'm not sure what. Unicode?

For instance, a typographic apostrophe now appears as ’, an open double-quote as “ and a close double-quote as �?.

Does this make sense to anyone? How do I fix it?

(I've seen it before in other contexts, and expect it has something to do with a specified encoding, but I don't know what's wrong and how to fix it.)

Thanks for any help.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote